A game about quickly grabbing cards and judging them against three descriptions.
Be the one to quicly grab the object that the judge considers the best fit.
3-7ish players. It could probably work with slightly more
5-10 minutes. About 2 minutes per round, or more if you use the 'sneaky argument' variant
For ages 8+ probably.
Cards have descriptions on one side, objects on the other. Leave 2 more objects than the number of players in the middle of the table.
One player is the judge. They turn their back, then read out three descriptions. Everyone quickly grabs a card, and puts them into a pile near the judge.
The judge now turns around, and makes a decision as to which object best first the 3 descriptions.
You can also play without the judge turning around, and take turns presenting arguments to the judge after the grabbing.
Either way, one person gets a point and the judge rotates.
Play until everyone has been the judge once.
This is a BEZZY BUDGET BAG. Do not expect luxurious component quality. Expect a silly thing that I tried to do with the minimum amount of effort. Having said that, the typeface is a custome thing drawn by me (Bez) and assembled by Krys. I'm quite proud of it.
- There is NO BOX. Just the cards in a resealable plastic bag.
- The rules are on the backs of the front/back 'covers' and another card, to keep prices low.
- the game hasn't gone through as much testing as I'd like. I'm very proud of the game but another year of testing would undoubtedly see a number or two tweaked. Also, the graphics could be improved.
- Nothing is perfect. Bezzy Budget Bags are a way to remind myself to just get stuff done. And to get you games that otherwise wouldn't exist.
On the good side:
- simple rules (easy to learn)
- a unique mash-up of judging games with speed
- 50 lovely things that might make you smile
- about 100,000 combinations of 3 descriptions
- provokes discussion
- some pretty illustrations
- 1st edition/1st printing is limited to 50 copies. You can feel like a smug hipster if you wish.
£3 UK regardless of quantity.
£5 elsewhere, and £2 extra for each game.
Buy more stuff to save money on shipping.
I will also be selling this at the major UK cons, so feel free to buy in person to avoid shipment charges. Or to try before you buy.
I try to post things out once a week, on a Wednesday or Thursday.