A game about setting scenarios that people would do for different lengths of time. (2nd edition)
Bezzy Bargain Bag. No box.
4-7 players. (There are voting cards for 7 players but you can play with 8)
12-21ish minutes to play (about 3 minutes per round)
For ages 10+ probably.
One person tries to confuse everyone, everyone else empathises.
Wacky scenarios and empathy. Mad-lib-style cards with which you may combine a purpose, task, companion, and up to 2 modifiers.
Eg. "For all the money in the world pretend to be best friends with a chihuahua who is covered with bees, whilst your parents stare at you."
How long would you do that for? How long would everyone else do that for?
Take turns to set a scenario, using 3-5 cards. Other players vote how long they would be willing to do that scenario for.
The scenario-setter gets pts for each unique vote. Try to confuse everyone!
Other players get pts for each identical vote. Try to vote like everyone else!
After everyone has had a turn, whoever has the most points wins!
Designed by Bez.
Graphic design by Jack Briggs-Miller.
This is a BEZZY BUDGET BAG. Do not expect luxurious component quality. Expect a silly thing that I tried to do with the minimum amount of effort. Having said that, the typeface is a custom thing drawn by me (Bez) and assembled by Krys. I'm quite proud of it.
- There is NO BOX. Just the cards in a resealable plastic bag.
- The rules are on a card, to keep prices low.
- Similarly, to keep prices low, each person has 3 voting cards. There are 6 options (2 on each card). In order to vote, cover one of the options with your other cards.
- the game hasn't gone through as much testing as I'd like. I'm very proud of the game but a year of testing would undoubtedly see some scenario tweaked.
- Nothing is perfect. Bezzy Budget Bags are a way to remind myself to just get stuff done. And for you to try some different games that wouldn't otherwise exist.
On the good side:
- rules that make sense after a round or two
- whimsical fragments to piece together
- millions of possible scenarios! (Some are less interesting than others, but there's probably still hundreds of thousands of interesting scenarios.)
- pretty background colours made with watercolour and salt
- the 'player questions' variant lets you all explore the flights of fancy.
£3 UK regardless of quantity.
£5 elsewhere, and £2 extra for each game.
Buy more stuff to save money on shipping.
I will also be selling this at the major UK cons, so feel free to buy in person to avoid shipment charges. Or to try before you buy.
I post things out once a week, on a Wednesday or Thursday.