A Game About Writing Words, Aiming to Match Other Folk Exactly 3 Times. 2nd edition.
Bezzy Bargain Bag. No box.
3-7ish players. (Untested with more, but up to 10 will almost certainly be fine)
10-30ish minutes to play
For ages 10+ probably.
Match your answers to other players. But no more than three times, or you'll bust!
Cards have 2 letters on one side and 2 topics on the other (unrelated by theme but related through whimsical wordplay).
Each round, 2 letters and 2 topics are simultaneously revealed, and then everyone has a minute to write as many words as they want, starting with either letter and relating (even tangentially) to either topic.
After the minute, everyone reveals their answers and scores for how many they match with other players.
Match 1 word for 1pt, 2 words for 2pts, 3 words for 4pts!
If you match more than 3 words, you 'bust' and score nothing.
Play 6, 10, or 15 rounds for a short, medium, or long game.
At the end, the person with the most points is the winner.
Developed by Bez from an initial idea by Kirsten Lunde. (We worked together to make this a reality.)
Graphic design by Jack Briggs-Miller.
This is a BEZZY BUDGET BAG. Do not expect luxurious component quality. Expect a silly thing that I tried to do with the minimum amount of effort. Having said that, the typeface is a custome thing drawn by me (Bez) and assembled by Krys. I'm quite proud of it.
- There is NO BOX. Just the cards in a resealable plastic bag.
- The rules are on a card, to keep prices low.
- the game hasn't gone through as much testing as I'd like. I'm very proud of the game but another year of testing would undoubtedly see some categories tweaked.
- Nothing is perfect. Bezzy Budget Bags are a way to remind myself to just get stuff done.
On the good side:
- simple rules (easy to learn/teach)
- unique 'push your luck' and wordgame mash-up
- fun whimsical categories
- 100 categories feels familia silly theme
- 2500 possible category/letter pairings.
- learn what other people think of!
- try to empathise with other folk!
- Anyone comfortable with reading/writing can play! (10+ may be a conservative estimate, to allow for players to actually think about the strategy)
- In different groups you must make different choices to win.
£3 UK regardless of quantity.
£5 elsewhere, and £2 extra for each game.
Buy more stuff to save money on shipping.
I will also be selling this at the major UK cons, so feel free to buy in person to avoid shipment charges. Or to try before you buy.
I post things out once a week, on a Wednesday or Thursday.